MASTER is a variety that performs excellently in northern France. It will be 1.60 - 1.80 mtr. high with strong stems.
- Variety for fodder production
- Strong and extensive root system, efficient use of water and minerals
Sorghum is sown in rows with an beet or corn sowing machine with sorghum discs. As an alternative sorghum can also be broadcast-sown.
When selecting your sowing machine, please take in mind that seed sizes might vary greatly amongst varieties.
210,000 - 270,000 seeds per/ha
A preparation of a false seed bed before sowing reduces weed pressure during initial development. A combination of mechanical and chemical weed control, whenever possible, is also recommended.
- Yield: 12 - 16 tons of dry matter
- Dry matter content: 28-32 %
- Harvest time: September - October